Freedom To Be
DATE OF EVENT
June 26,2014 – June 28,2014
Oberlin Conservatory - 77 W College St, Oberlin, OH 44074
ABOUT THE "FREEDOM TO BE" CONFERENCE:
"Freedom to Be" is a 3-day SALT (Student/Staff Leaders Training) conference sponsored by the Credo Festival and InterVarsity Christian Fellowship USA for college artists of all kinds (painters, musicians, graphic designers, architects, dancers, actors, filmmakers, etc.) It is a time of practical discussions and training in:
- Leading other college artists in navigating and wrestling through the tough questions about life and our greatest needs as human beings;
- Finding our identity & calling as artists, and guiding others in discovering this for themselves;
- Being genuine and authentic in your faith with your peers who go follow God and especially those who don't believe what you believe;
- "How to's" that will help you and those around you "go deeper" in studying the arts through a faith lens.
COSTS & FINANCIAL AID:
Cost listed below includes room and meals.
Single Occupancy - $150.00
Double Occupancy - $130.00 (Recommended)
* Financial aid available. For more information, please contact Elda McGinty at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
* For more information or questions, please email us at InterVarsityArts@gmail.com.
- To register: Friday, June 13th
- To submit payment: Friday, June 20th
REGISTRATION CLOSED NOW
10am – 1:00pm Check-in at Conference Services Information Center (Lunch on your own)
1:30pm – 4:30pm Opening Session - Leading Discussions "Your friends greatest needs & questions"
Bible Studies about arts
4:30pm – 5:30pm Break
5:30pm – 6:30pm Dinner
7:00pm - 10:00pm Session #2 - Imagination Applied (How Artists Learn)
Imagination applied to Bible Studies (Narrative Scripture, Teaching Scripture)
7:30am – 8:30am Breakfast
9:00am – 12:00pm Session #3 - Resources
Intro Guide to Arts Ministry & Website, Arts Discussion Videos, "Making It" Series
12:15pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 2:00pm Break
2:00pm – 5:00pm Session #4 - Reaching Out (Luke 10)
New Student Orientations, Brainstorming Time (Dinners, Arts Partners, Having fun -
Recitals, Performances, Openings.)
5:00pm – 5:30pm Break
5:30pm – 6:30pm Dinner
7:00pm – 10:00pm Session #5 - Having some fun as artists
8:00am - 9:00am Breakfast
9:30am - 12:00pm Session #6 - Creating a plan for your "Next Steps," Sharing the plan, Final Q & A